A worldwide network
UNIGE Alumnni is an association for all graduates of the University of Geneva. Created in 2009, we now have thousands of members and our network is growing every day – across Geneva, Switzerland and over 90 other countries. We work to open local chapters and to set up communities for specific faculties or regions in the world’s major cities.
What you get as a member
As a member, you get access to the Careers Centre and specific job ads. You also get access to UNIGE sports and cultural activities at Alumni prices. In addition, we run a programme of talks, exhibitions, concerts and theatre shows, together with research-based and cultural trips with UNIGE professors as your guide.
Through our mentoring programme, accommodation postings and student questionnaires, we also do what we can to support current students in their studies. And to top it all off, members get discounts on a range of Swiss and international newspaper subscriptions, laptops and insurance.
Membership terms and conditions
Any UNIGE graduate who completed at least two semesters at UNIGE can become a member of UNIGE Alumni, which is a private-law association that is independent from, but closely linked to, UNIGE. Teaching staff, former students who did not graduate and exchange students can become associate members, subject to certain conditions.
Former editor-in-chief for society matters at RTS
Head of integration and insertion at the University of Geneva
Lawyer and former president of the Geneva State Council
Secretary-general at the University of Geneva
- Patrick Aebischer
Former president of Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
- Kofi Annan †
Former Secretary-General of the United Nations
Chairman of the Kofi Annan Foundation
Docteur honoris causa at the University of Geneva
- José Manuel Barroso
Former President of the European Commission
- Carla Del Ponte
Former Chief Prosecutor of the United Nations international criminal law tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and for Rwanda
Former Swiss Ambassador to Argentina
- Ruth Dreifuss
Former President of Switzerland
Former Federal Councillor
- Edmond H. Fischer
Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine laureate, 1992
- Michel Mayor
Nobel Prize in Physics laureate, 2019
Astronomer who co-discovered the first exoplanet
Honorary professor at the University of Geneva
- Claude Nicollier
First Swiss astronaut in space, EPFL professor
Docteur honoris causa at the University of Geneva
Article 15. Executive Committee members
The Executive Committee is made up of the president of UNIGE Alumni, the treasurer, other elected or co-opted members, and a representative of the University of Geneva’s Rector’s Office. It has between seven and 15 members.
Article 16. Tasks of the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee decides how UNIGE Alumni will be managed and determines its general policy. Its main tasks are to:
- draw up a budget and determine how resources will be allocated;
- organize annual general meetings and prepare items on the meeting agenda, such as membership fees, membership applications and expulsions, the annual report and accounts, and changes to the articles of association;
- appoint the management team;
- represent, together with the Honorary Committee, UNIGE Alumni.
Article 21. Honorary Committee
- The Honorary Committee is made up of honorary members who are former students of the University of Geneva.
- Members of the Honorary Committee are appointed by the Executive Committee.
- Members of the Honorary Committee are invited to Executive Committee meetings and to annual general meetings. They have an advisory vote.
- Members of the Honorary Committee represent UNIGE Alumni within their field and help to increase its notoriety.
Although UNIGE Alumni is closely linked to and supported by the University of Geneva, it is a private, not-for-profit organization that must, over time, find its own financial resources. That is why at our annual general meeting in 2009, we decided to charge members a fee of just CHF 50 a year. This is the lowest fee for an Alumni club in Switzerland.
We wish to thank you for your valuable support.
Paying your fee
ONLINE (if you’re outside Switzerland)
Alumni UNIGE, Uni-Dufour, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Banque Cantonale de Genève, Switzerland
Comunication to beneficiary:
YOU MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER INDICATED ON YOUR INVOICE.
Currency: Swiss francs
ONLINE (orange payment slip if you’re in Switzerland)
See the example below. You must include the 27-figure reference number indicated on the invoice you received by email.
Become a member of UNIGE Alumni
Already a member but forgotten your password ?
ORDINARY MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS (SEE ARTICLE 6 OF THE ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION)
- be a UNIGE graduate;
- have completed at least two semesters at UNIGE; and
- no longer be enrolled as a student.
- The fee is CHF 50.00 per year
- The fee is waived for graduates living outside Switzerland (not including neighbouring France) and alumni who graduated the previous year.
- For more information on our fees, go to the fees page.
- Please make sure you have spelled your email address correctly, as we won’t be able to sign you up and send you information without it.
- We don’t accept @etu.unige.ch email addresses.
- If your first or last name has changed since you graduated, please indicate your name at the time of graduation under “birth name”.
- Indicate the most recent degree you obtained from the University of Geneva.
Please complete the form below (fields marked * are compulsory)