Invitations to and discounts on major cultural events
We can offer you invitations, discounts and even half-price membership for some of the most prestigious cultural institutions in and around Geneva. Our partners include: Théâtre de Carouge, Comédie de Genève, Musika, and a number of other museums and galleries. Members will receive personal invitations and offers by email.
Culture at UNIGE
Culture at the University of Geneva offers a wide range of events and activities in various artistic fields. Subject to availability, all UNIGE cultural activities are open to alumni at preferential rates. At the end of the year, courses and workshops lead to presentations of the work done through performances, theatrical improvisations, exhibitions… to which alumni are also invited.
Ciné-Club, University Orchestra and Choir…
Particularly famous for the three tutelary figures who founded it more than sixty years ago, Claude Goretta, Alain Tanner and Jean Mohr, the Ciné-Club programs three annual cycles of film projections. Also unmissable are the concerts of the University Choir and the University Orchestra on the prestigious stage of Victoria Hall, for the musical performance of the great symphonic or choral masterpieces.
A number of one-off events, demonstrations, shows, conferences and screenings are regularly produced throughout the year.
To never miss any of their news, we invite you to register on culture.unige.ch. You will then be able to subscribe to the weekly cultural newsletter.
Tours and excursions
We organize a range of tours, excursions and other trips for our members. These trips are about more than just sightseeing – they are cultural and educational experiences that provide members with an opportunity to network with other Alumni. They are also a chance for other members of the UNIGE community to share their knowledge and know-how.
Educational trips with researchers and professors
We organize trips with a UNIGE researcher or professors as your guide. These trips may take place close to home or further afield – some of them last an evening, others several weeks. They can cover anything from culture and history to natural phenomena and research facilities.
You can find out more about each destination by clicking on the link in the right column. Please note that places for these trips are limited – we keep the groups small so that you can make the most out of the experience and your guide. But we do try to ensure that we repeat the most popular trips whenever possible.
- Australia (August 2010)
- Mali and Burkina Faso with UNIGE researchers (February 2011)
- Ancient medicine, from body to stars
- Weekend at Stonehenge and Avebury (May 2011)
- Three days in Pompeii (October 2011)
- A week in Albania (October 2012)
- The sources of the Styx, in Arcadia, Greece (May 2013)
- Discovering Ötzi (October 2013)
- Archaeology trip to Cyprus (May 2014)
- Archaeology and gastronomy in Pythagoras’s country (September 2014)
- Discovering Vermeer in Delft (November 2014)
- Sicilian myths and Palermo treasures (May 2015)
- A trip to the heart of Europe’s space research, the Netherlands (October 2015)
- Palaeolithic and Neolithic sites in the Ardèche region, France (February 2016)
- Uncovering Armenia (May 2017)
- Delving into the British Museum (December 2017)
- Following in Van Gogh’s footsteps (September 2018)
- Archaeological dives in southern Sicily (May 2019)
- Palaeolithic treasures in the Dordogne, France (October 2019)
Guided exhibition tours
We regularly organize tours of exhibitions, either with a UNIGE professor or another expert. The Fondation Opale, the Fondation Gianadda, the Musée d’ethnographie de Genève, the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum and the Musée d’art et d’histoire are just some of our regular destinations. And let’s not forget the UNIGE gallery, where we give guided tours of every single exhibition.