Descriptif du poste
Intitulé du poste: Service Center Director for a Foundation (M/F)
Fonction: Direction de département / service
Région: CH – Genève
Description du poste:
Our client is an independent officially recognized Swiss foundation, based in three locations in Switzerland. It organizes year-round programs and events across Switzerland, specifically in the areas of peacebuilding, reconciliation and ethical leadership through trust building and dialogue facilitation. The Foundation owns a historic landmark where every summer it organizes its flagship event in collaboration with its global network and its partners.
We are looking for a solid, creative, entrepreneurial, talented and open-minded financial professional, who will also manage competent HR, Maintenance and Hospitality teams. The main focus of this role, apart from people management, will be on the development of financial analysis and tools, as well as on investments in the premises.
• inspiring leadership in finance, HR, premises and hospitality;
• active contribution in strategic thinking for the Foundation;
• management of six direct reports (HR manager, head of maintenance, hospitality manager,facility manager, accountant, assistant), with an overall team of 13 staff members;
• managing the relations with the external stakeholders, including local authorities;
• overviewing the compliance with Swiss law on HR, hospitality, premises and security.
• providing analysis on financial situations, developing business plans, reviewing pricing of their landmark location;
• supporting the management team of the Foundation on budgets, financial forecasts and costing;
• advising the Secretary General and Council on financial projections, investments in the landmark location and the banking portfolio.
– Position within the Foundation structure:
• reports to the Secretary General;
• member of the management team (heads of departments);
• member of the investment committee of the Foundation.
• 5 to 10 years of experience in Finance;
• ideally working experience in General Services / Facilities Management;
• excellent and in-depth knowledge of financial tools;
• relevant project management experience (capable of managing and/or overviewing large scale renovation projects of the landmark premises);
• fluent French and excellent English (written and oral); German understanding / speaking /writing is a real asset;
• good knowledge of the Swiss professional market, practices, regulations and compliance.
• innovative and “out-of-the box” thinker;
• excellent analytical skills and very strong strategic mind-set;
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to easily connect with people;
• natural talent for negotiation;
• active listener with strong empathy and humility;
• values based on ethical leadership;
• aligned with the Foundation’s mission and values;
• at ease to link and work with volunteers and multicultural stakeholders.
Location & work permit:
• Swiss national or Swiss work permit is mandatory;
• ideally based on the Riviera Vaudoise (but if not possible, at least two days a week on site, accommodation assured);
• otherwise in Geneva office;
• regular visits to Central Switzerland, currently still the Foundation’s formal headquarters.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest Friday September 21st, 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview as soon as possible before end of September & early October.
Entreprise: Head to Head
Secteur d’activité: 18 OI/ONG
Personne de contact & coordonnées de l’entreprise:
Head ot Head
Rue Ferdinand-Hodler 7